« Home | CHELSEA FAIL TO CATCH ZENIT GOALKEEPERChelsea came... » | SCOLARI FOR SAUDI ARABIA?Luiz Felipe Scolari may o... » | RUSSIANS WELCOME HIDDINK APPOINTMENTGuus Hiddink's... » | BARNES BLASTS IMPATIENCE IN FOOTBALLEngland legend... » | HARRY AND ANDY HAVE GOODE THING GOINGFor five seas... » | DALLGLIO: ENGLAND NEED TO GET FIT AND ON-PLAN BLOO... » | DALLAGLIO BACKS HIDDINK APPOINTMENTLawrence Dallag... » | HADDEN SLAMS SCOTLAND PERFORMANCEUnder-pressure Sc... » | WILLIAMS WORRIED ABOUT INJURYShane Williams hopes ... » | GATLAND SATISFIED WITH OPENING WINWarren Gatland b... »

TOTTENHAM CLOSE TO LOVE

Tottenham sent CSKA Moscow's Brazilian striker Vagner Love a Valentine's Card - but no present, so he did not move in the January transfer window.

The striker, 24, has over 20 caps for Brazil, and was interested in a move to the Premier League.

However, Tottenham's bid fell short of CSKA's valuation of the player.

Love said: "Tottenham were very interested in me. I received an offer from the club and went to the president of CSKA (Yevgeny Giner) to ask to leave.

"But he decided that the conditions Spurs offered to CSKA didn't meet his expectations.

"He reminded me that I have a contract with CSKA. I will continue playing for the Russian side, but someday I hope I will go to one of the big clubs in Europe."

Labels: , , ,