« Home | GATLAND SATISFIED WITH OPENING WINWarren Gatland b... » | CHAMPIONS WALES KICK-OFF WITH VICTORY OVER SCOTLAN... » | CAPELLO IMPRESSED BY BECKHAMDavid Beckham looks li... » | KEITH-ROACH ON LIONSOne man will be watching close... » | NARRAWAY HOPING TO MAKE IT THIRD TIME LUCKYWhen Gl... » | JOHNSON ON STEVENSMatt Stevens's positive drugs te... » | MALLETT JEALOUS OF ENGLAND’S RICHESMartin Johnson'... » | DANAHER CONFIDENT AHEAD OF TOP-OF-TABLE-CLASHLondo... » | IRISH INDISCIPLINE PUNISHED BY GLOUCESTERToby Boot... » | MALCOLM ON ENGLAND ODI SERIES IN CARIBBEANIf Engla... »

WILLIAMS WORRIED ABOUT INJURY

Shane Williams hopes to be back in RBS 6 Nations action next Saturday when Wales host England. But the winger, 31, is worried that he might not recover from in injury sustained to his left ankle.

"I went over on my ankle tackling Jason White," said the IRB Player of the Year who hobbled off in the 32-16 win over Scotland at Murrayfield.

"I don't know how bad it's going to be. I've iced it up and compressed it.

"It's a short turnaround this week and I just hope I can come back and be in the selection for next week.

"Hopefully, it's not as bad as I first thought. I am more determined than ever to play against England. I'll be gutted if I have to miss it."

Labels: , , ,