« Home | QPR VICE-CHAIRMAN - CREDIT CRUNCH IS BITINGQueens ... » | WE ARE NOT SCARED OF VILLA - ZHIRKOVYuri Zhirkov, ... » | VAGNER FEELING THE LOVE FOR VILLACSKA Moscow strik... » | IRISH SLIP UP AGAINST QUINSLondon Irish slipped up... » | TOTTENHAM CLOSE TO LOVETottenham sent CSKA Moscow'... » | CHELSEA FAIL TO CATCH ZENIT GOALKEEPERChelsea came... » | SCOLARI FOR SAUDI ARABIA?Luiz Felipe Scolari may o... » | RUSSIANS WELCOME HIDDINK APPOINTMENTGuus Hiddink's... » | BARNES BLASTS IMPATIENCE IN FOOTBALLEngland legend... » | HARRY AND ANDY HAVE GOODE THING GOINGFor five seas... »

REINA DENIES ATLETICO MOVE

Jose Reina has dismissed rumours that he will be moving to Atletico Madrid at any time soon - but he did concede that were he to move back to Spain, Atletico would be his first choice.

The Liverpool goalkeeper, who has won 13 caps for Spain and is in his fourth season at Anfield, is known to be a lifelong fan of the Rojiblancos.

And his father was recently quoted in the Spanish press saying that the 26-year-old was desperate to secure a move to the club.

But former Barcelona stopper Reina said: "It's my father who made this declaration because he wants me to play for Atletico, but as far as I'm concerned, I don't.

"If one day I was to think of moving back to Spanish football, Atletico would be my first option because it's a club I love.

"Nevertheless, saying that I want to move to Atletico right now is wrong because I'm happy at Liverpool."

Labels: , ,