« Home | DOWIE: DEFENCE KEY TO QPR SUCCESSIain Dowie, the Q... » | AFRICA IN BEIJING - KENYA FOCUSThe Beijing Games w... » | HART HAPPY TO KEEP CLEAN SHEETEngland Under-21s go... » | MUAMBA CONFIDENT AHEAD OF PLAY-OFFFabrice Muamba b... » | CITY ARGENTINE WILLING TO BEFRIEND BRAZILIANSManch... » | MONEYBAGS QPR SIGN ITALIAN PHILANTHROPISTQueens Pa... » | QUINS' EXITING TRIO LEAVE WITH WIN OVER CATALANS ... » | TEVERSAL FC 3-0 NUNEATON GRIFF FCPaul Thompson, ma... » | ENGLAND UNDER-21S ADVANCE TO PLAY-OFFS AFTER SUCCE... » | NOBLE AIMS FOR TOP SPOTEngland Under-21s midfielde... »

BOSNICH OFFERED CONTRACT AT QPR

Mark Bosnich, the disgraced ex-Australian international goalkeeper who is angling for a move back to England, has revealed that he was offered a contract at Championship QPR at the end of last year.

But the former Manchester United, Aston Villa and Chelsea stopper's move was vetoed by a director who did not look favourably upon Bosnich's past.

The 36-year-old was exiled from football from 2002-07 after testing positive for cocaine while at Stamford Bridge. He was tempted out of retirement last summer and had impressed in reserve games at the Loftus Road club.

"I was offered a contract at QPR in December," he said, "but it was explained to me that there was somebody on the board who was dead-set against it because of my past.

"I totally understand that. My past is not Queens Park Rangers' past."

Bosnich, who currently plays for Central Coast Mariners in Australia, added: "Life in general interests me. For a long while I lost my passion for life. I did have to deal with depression. But now it's like a new dawn. What I'll do after football, I don't know.

"The answer comes to you, maybe when you're in nature somewhere, maybe in the outback. What I do know is that the world is an amazing place."

Labels: , , , ,