« Home | BLACKSTOCK LATE SHOW LEAVES SOUSA PROUD AND PRESTO... » | DIARRA WILL BE A REAL SUCCESS: LAURENLassana Diarr... » | DECO: CHELSEA CAN GO ALL THE WAYChelsea can go all... » | "UNSTOPPABLE" IRISH RELISHING GLOUCESTER CHALLENGE... » | BURGER READY TO TAME LIONSWhen Ian McGeechan's Bri... » | CAPELLO GIVES POSITIVE END-OF-YEAR REPORTFabio Cap... » | HEINEKEN CUP ROUND-UPLondon Wasps head coach, Shau... » | DAGGERS DISAPPOINTMENTDagenham & Redbridge were le... » | QUINS WARY OF EMOTIONALLY-CHARGED STADEAndy Gomars... » | ROWNTREE NAMED AS LIONS SCRUM COACHGraham Rowntree... »

LEE COOKING A STORM AT QPR

Lee Cook believes Queens Park Rangers should rush to secure the services of on-loan striker Heidar Helguson, who scored twice in the London side’s 3-2 win over Preston North End on Saturday.

Dextor Blackstock came off the QPR bench with nine minutes to go and headed the winner after Chris Sedgwick and Callum Davidson had earlier equalised for the visitors.

Helguson opened the scoring with a powerful header from Cook’s cross and claimed his side’s second – but Cook is positive that he had the last touch.

“I told him he could claim it because he is a goalscorer,” grinned the 26-year-old. “But I know it was my goal and he owes me one, definitely. He kicked my foot and then ran away celebrating!

“Heidar gives us something different. He is great in the air for his height and he gets in the right places to score goals – that is what he is all about. We have lacked that kind of player. I hope he is here for the long haul, and the club sort it out and get him in.”

Like the 31-year-old Icelandic international, midfielder Cook is on loan until January, but is hoping to re-join the Hoops, a club he “loves”. He added: “Hopefully my deal is going to be tied up this week.

“We can get it done and dusted and then we can relax more. I love this place and I want to sign and ensure my future is here and I’m glad the club is showing faith again.

“The team spirit is great at the minute – we are all enjoying playing under the new boss. He has completely changed our style – we are trying to play more football. With his coaching and his ideas I think we are going to be successful.”

Labels: , , ,