« Home | DOWIE: QPR NEED TO GET STUCK INQueens Park Rangers... » | Rugby League World Cup stats and facts sheetFACTS•... » | CAPELLO: ENGLAND WILL NOT GO FOR DRAWEngland head ... » | VELOSO WILL NOT BE SPURS' SAVIOURTottenham target ... » | ENGLAND BOOERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED - FERDINANDEnglan... » | ROONEY: ENGLAND WERE RIGHT NOT TO BE PANICKEDEngla... » | CAPELLO: FANS WERE WRONG TO BOO COLEEngland manage... » | SPAIN CAPTAIN CASILLAS: FA ARE "FOOLISH AND STUPID... » | COLE DISAPPOINTED WITH FIRST LEAGUE LOSS FOR ZOLAR... » | CIPRIANI EXCITED AT RETURN AGAINST BATHDanny Cipri... »

DOWIE DISMISSES RUMOURS AS "TITTLE TATTLE"

Iain Dowie has dismissed rumours linking Terry Venables and Kenny Jackett with his position as Queens Park Rangers manager as "tittle tattle". He has refused to let such unfounded negativity seep into the dressing room, feels he is doing "a decent job" and is positive he has the players' backing.

Stories had been circulating that the west London club's mega rich owners - F1 supremos Flavio Brigatore and Bernie Ecclestone, and steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal - were lining up a replacement for Dowie, and they would act if QPR were not on course for promotion to the Premier League.

The alleged candidates are former England manager Venables, who had a stint in charge of QPR in the early 1980s and last month spurned Newcastle United's advances, and Millwall's Jackett, the ex-Swansea manager.

QPR currently sit 11th in the Championship, and after hosting bottom-of-the-table Nottingham Forest on Saturday, Dowie's team have tricky away trips to high-flying Swansea and Reading.

But the 43-year-old has hit back, claiming that he feels no added pressure. "This season we have played 13 games and won seven of them and we are also in the last 16 of the Carling Cup," he said.

"I can't affect what these rumours will do to the players. All I can do is do my job, get my head down and work hard. Whoever wants to make mischief and start these stories, they can do that.

"But I'm not going to be involved in negativity - I don't believe in it. I will concentrate on doing what I am doing.

"This is whispering tittle-tattle, and until it comes to fruition I'm not going to worry about it. I know I am doing a decent job here and I think I have got the support of the players, which is the most important thing.

Labels: , , ,