« Home | LOWES OFF TO PERFECT START FOR WOLVESWarrington Wo... » | CITY OVER THE BLUE MOON TO HAVE APPOINTED HUGHESMa... » | HUNTER TARGETS ANOTHER TOUR DE FRANCE STAGE WIN FO... » | SACKEY AND HIPKISS MISS PLANE TO NEW ZEALANDEnglan... » | LOFFREDA PLEADS FOR MORE TIME AT TIGERSMarcelo Lof... » | CORRY ANNOYED AT LETTING WASPS DOMINATELeicester T... » | DALLAGLIO BOWS OUT ON A WINNING NOTELawrence Dalla... » | STOCKPORT MAKE IT FIFTH TIME LUCKY TO GAIN PROMOTI... » | DEMPSEY LOOKING FORWARD TO WEMBLEY TESTClint Demps... » | MUNSTER EDGE OUT TOULOUSE TO CLINCH SECOND HEINEKE... »

JOSE COULD RUIN CHELSEA'S BID FOR DECO

Jose Mourinho could get one over his former employers Chelsea by taking Portuguese playmaker Deco from Barcelona to Inter Milan.

The unsettled 30-year-old, who has spent four years at the Camp Nou, has been unable to pin down a regular starting place this last season through injury and lack of form.

And the Brazilian-born star has hinted that he will move to either Inter, where his former Porto manager Mourinho has recently taken the reins, or Stamford Bridge after Euro 2008.

"There are two possibilities at the moment, and they are Chelsea and Inter," Deco said. "But no deal has been closed. I want to have my future sorted and in Italy they say that Inter have the advantage [over Chelsea] as they are willing to offer Barcelona money and (Serbian midfielder) Dejan Stankovic.

"Without doubt my relationship with Jose Mourinho is excellent and that will count for something. But it is necessary to evaluate many other things. Inter are a good team and that is attractive to any player with aspirations.

"But at Chelsea there are also several friends of mine like Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Henrique Hilário and now José Bosingwa.

"But wherever I go I will insist that the decision must be mine alone. I will not go to a club that doesn't interest me and where I can't continue winning titles, which is my objective. I will speak with my manager Jorge Mendes and work out what the best thing to do is."

Labels: , , , ,