« Home | WARNOCK LAUDS GOAL HERO MORRISONNeil Warnock prais... » | Sven fails to make it a perfect ten against Blackb... » | SHARKS EDGE OUT TIGERSAn expectant and convivial E... » | PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER CASUALTIES1. JOSE MOURINHO ... » | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PROFILESCELTIC v BARCELONACELTIC ... » | DAVID BECKHAM - A YEAR IN THE LIFE OF ...It has be... » | Premier League round-up: Wigan edge out Blackburn ... » | NO WAY JOSÉ - AC MILAN SNUB MOURINHOJosé Mourinho ... » | HATTON'S RAPIST BODYGUARD SENTENCED TO LIFERicky H... » | CAPELLO EARNS MANAGERS' SEAL OF APPROVALFabio Cape... »

GOAL MACHINE MORRISON HOPING FOR NEW DEAL

Clinton Morrison believes his goal-scoring form will force Neil Warnock to offer him a contract extension when his current deal runs out in the summer.

The 28-year-old's second-half equaliser, which earned his side a draw against Norwich City, took him to 108 goals for Crystal Palace - equal sixth with team-mate Dougie Freedman in the club's all-time top scorers' records.

The Republic of Ireland international, who has netted nine goals in his last 11 matches, believes that he has never worked harder in his life and admitted that he is reaping the rewards.

He said: "My whole attitude to football has changed - I am really enjoying it. You work hard and get your rewards. I never usually work this hard. I usually just stay up front and moan a lot.

"Strikers go through droughts and runs - so I'll take it for now and enjoy it while it lasts."

On equalling with Freedman, he continued: "Dougie helped me a lot as a kid when I was coming through at Palace. And as he scored the goal against Stockport (in the final game of the 2000/01 season) to keep us up in the Championship, he is a bigger legend at the club ... For the moment.

He added: "The contract will probably sort out itself. I just want to score more goals at Crystal Palace. It is up to the club to come to me to talk about it. In an ideal world I would stay.

"I think with this group of players and the staff we have a good chance of getting back into the Premier League - and that's where I want to be."